Shearwater Explorers Village is located close to the town, the Elephants Walk shopping centre and only a walking distance to the entrance of Victoria Falls. Shearwater Explorers Village is a comfortable budget accommodation with 16 twin chalets all en-suite, very clean with all the basic luxuries a traveller would need, including air-conditioning and a room safe.
The main area is a large thatch building encompassing a reception, small curio and convenience store, lounge and seating areas, a fully stocked bar and a large public dining area, which leads onto the patio and infinity pool.
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner this main area is also a great place to watch sports or other events on the public television.
The five separated camping grounds are designed specifically for overland tour groups and not single vehicles. Each campsite area has covered slabs where tents can be erected, BBQ facilities, a wash area and parking space for the overland vehicle. There are very clean and functional public restrooms.
The Explorers Village also has an area with numerous dome tents with stretchers, linen and facilities exactly the same as the overland group sites.
• Within a few minutes’ walk from the Falls entrance, shopping areas and town centre
• Budget accommodation, but elegant with basic luxuries
• Clean and functional camping grounds and restrooms for overland groups
• Large and stylish dining area, with various facilities under the communal area
• Dome tents with stretchers and linen.
Accommodation at Explorers Village
• 16 en-suite thatched chalets with flexible twin configuration
• 5 separated camping grounds for up to 120 people
• Dome tents for individual hire
• Campsite restrooms
All chalets have:
• En-suite bathrooms with shower, basin and toilet
• Small safe
• Small storage space
• Shared ablution facilities
• Communal cooking area and large sinks for cleaning
• Very central location, within minutes’ walk of most attractions in town
• Clean, modern and comfortable
• Reasonably priced chalets
• Social and friendly atmosphere
• Good quality restaurant
• No camping for individual vehicles
• Some chalets are not that private
• Dome tents comparatively expensive
• Bar prices expensive